Skip to main content

The Sun Is Out

It has been a long winter, but truly the sun is finally out. I don't feel so hopeless anymore. It's warm enough to exercise outside. I have started to lose weight although the progress is slow. As for the other thing, I find that I just want to be in places where I can be myself. I will have to find alternative solutions to that particular group. I need to build my confidence not tear it down more. Constantly feeling like the next thing I say will be the cause of more abandonment and isolation. It's exsosting. Yes, I say awquard, odd things sometimes, but not to hurt anyone. I am so tired of feeling this way. I am hoping reading Hebrews will help strengthen my spiritual security mentally so to speak so that I can also improve the rest. I also wish it was okay to ask for support for these issues instead of chastisement. I am not sure I can pull out of it on my own. Trying to be bold and admit that's what's really in my head right now. No, I am not in crisis just wishing I could fix the lumps instead of just pounding them down.  How do I keep the ugliness I can't erase out of my head?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Hole

 A friend of mine recently talked about being in a hole and trying to dig his way out a little bit at a time. He said he wasn’t ready to come out of the hole yet because they still have some stuff to do. Today was one of those days when I felt the walls caving in and the dirt stacking up. I felt all those little things that I had been shoving to the side and ignoring falling down. I thought, even if I could accomplish one of those little things, the mound of all of them was just too much. Do you ever feel that way? Do you ever feel like you’ve given all you have and you’re still staring at a giant pile of junk? So I took the night off from trying to solve anything. Tomorrow I’ll get up and I’ll do what I need to do; one thing at a time. Maybe like my friend I’ll grab a little shovel and start digging out some dirt. It’s highly unlikely that all accomplish that much but maybe I’ll be ready to try. 

Shutting off the Pleasing

 I am trying to stop the people pleasing. Doing for others is wonderful when it’s healthy, but I now recognize there’s a line I shouldn’t cross. Problem is that I don’t always see the line. I asked for something today and yes, I felt guilty. Then I felt guilty for feeling guilty. Ug! This weekend I saw my limit come and go so I did walk away from some responsibilities I was unable to do. It felt good to be strong enough to do that and two days later I am a wimp again. Regardless, it’s on me to be honest not on my friends and family to guess. So trying and sometimes failing. I am thankful that God is still working. I realized that although it’s small, I have changed. All that to say, don’t give up on people too quickly. 

Fading Away

 Sometimes when I don’t feel well, I find myself fading away. Of course after spending a half an hour trying to update this blog I might be well over it.🤣. We all hate being sick, but I am genially hesitant to complain about it because I know so many people who suffer from chronic illness. They wake up every day still in pain or still uncertain of their surroundings. But I am learning that I don’t have to stop taking care of myself to care for others. That only gets me unhealthy too. So while I am not going to keep feeling sorry for myself that I have to be a lump for a week, I am not going to stop taking care of myself. Part of that is being able to talk about it. I am an extremely verbal person. So if I don’t get it out it festers into a mess of yucky thoughts. My verse today was I Peter 5:10. I will let those of you who follow look it up yourself as I still can’t figure out how to insert images.