Skip to main content

Hmm, So that happened

I have had some weird happenings with people I don’t know and some I don’t know very well. It always is refreshing that strangers often treat me better than everyone else. My OB was having a bad day. I asked her why she wasn’t joking as usual. She said she had some tough news and a busy day. She said I brightened her day and thanked me for being so positive. I think I must have a doppelgänger out there. Seriously. It was really nice to make someone smile. As for the other it was just a bunch of bickering siblings. I don’t think any of them where being honest, but sometimes our own truth makes us blind to the “real” truth. Maybe that’s my problem too. It’s so much easier when people don’t know me. They actually listen and I don’t feel so in the way. I just know that God wants me to share His love. Have to keep doing that and stop listening to the ugly thoughts in my head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shutting off the Pleasing

 I am trying to stop the people pleasing. Doing for others is wonderful when it’s healthy, but I now recognize there’s a line I shouldn’t cross. Problem is that I don’t always see the line. I asked for something today and yes, I felt guilty. Then I felt guilty for feeling guilty. Ug! This weekend I saw my limit come and go so I did walk away from some responsibilities I was unable to do. It felt good to be strong enough to do that and two days later I am a wimp again. Regardless, it’s on me to be honest not on my friends and family to guess. So trying and sometimes failing. I am thankful that God is still working. I realized that although it’s small, I have changed. All that to say, don’t give up on people too quickly. 

Fading Away

 Sometimes when I don’t feel well, I find myself fading away. Of course after spending a half an hour trying to update this blog I might be well over it.🤣. We all hate being sick, but I am genially hesitant to complain about it because I know so many people who suffer from chronic illness. They wake up every day still in pain or still uncertain of their surroundings. But I am learning that I don’t have to stop taking care of myself to care for others. That only gets me unhealthy too. So while I am not going to keep feeling sorry for myself that I have to be a lump for a week, I am not going to stop taking care of myself. Part of that is being able to talk about it. I am an extremely verbal person. So if I don’t get it out it festers into a mess of yucky thoughts. My verse today was I Peter 5:10. I will let those of you who follow look it up yourself as I still can’t figure out how to insert images. 

Confessions

I am starting my own blog to reduce my boredom and give me a place to put my thoughts. Recently some people I know put some very difficult words out for all the world to see. I have been chicken to do the same and now I want to set the record straight. I didn't talk to people from high school for over ten years. It seems so silly now. I found out recently that I'm not the only one who grew up in college and beyond. We aren't kids anymore so the past is just that the past. I'll admit some of it I don't want to remember, but we did have some fun times in high school. The truth is something happened to me that I was not at all ready to talk about so I just avoided people. I got married in 1998 to a really great guy I met in college. We were giddy and in love. We decided after nine months of bliss to have a baby. Why not? I was bored and we wanted one. That sounds terrible to say that, but it is true. Boom one month later I was expecting. Three months later Jo