My exciting post of the day is leftovers. I am trying to think of creative new ways to use up my leftovers. I heard a Pennsylvania Dutch recipe recently for chicken pot pie and wondered if I could use my leftover pork roast to make something similar. I used yoke free egg noddles instead of the traditional square noddles. I substituted pork for chicken and pork broth for chicken broth. I turned my pork broth into pork gravy(really not that fatty...only a bit of butter all the fat had been skimmed.) I sliced up four potatoes into eighth of inch rounds and layered the pan. The potatoes were par boiled along with the carrots so they wouldn't be crunchy. I layered, potatoes, carrots, kale,pork, gravy, noddles and then repeated, but only did one layer of kale. Trying to sneak that stuff in(:. I seasoned each layer with dried onions, garlic powder and paprika. If it tastes yucky, I'll have to regret posting this(:, but it spells delicious. Last night we had pork barbecue. Now only have a bit more pork to use up. That's what I get for buying a huge roast. It was 89 cents a pound(:. Okay that is my dull life at it's best. I will get even more excited after I get the kitchen floor mopped! I am sure all stay at home wives and mothers have days like this.
Honestly, It might seem boring, but I am content. I like taking care of my family my favorite people.
Up in the wee hours of the morning, is yet another perk of being bipolar. Yes, that's sarcasm because unlike some, I don't like being like this. I started getting a little more hyper than usual and now I can't sleep. I slept for an hour or two when hubby woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep after. So I wasn't worried about anything, but I was wide awake. Even though I now feel tired, I still don't feel sleepy. It is hard to explain. Well I already took some calm down medicine and that didn't work so I am getting ready to take more. I use it only when I have to, but considering I need to function in a few hours I WILL consider this one of those times. I was excited about started school and I guess maybe I am going through an up cycle. That sort of makes sense since I had a down cycle in the beginning of the summer. I am glad that the cycles are much shorter than they used to be. I remember being tired and having little energy or ambition to do anyt...
smells not spells I'll fix it later.
ReplyDeleteamen to "family being my favorite people!" I couldn't have said it better!
ReplyDeleteThanks Gwen. I like you too(: After all you are family.
ReplyDelete