I am so glad to have friends. As for the grown-up part, just watching my children with their struggles makes me thankful that stuff is behind me. Remember when it was the end of the world to be picked last for gym class, called ridiculous names, or left out of the popular crowd. I don't have a crowd I am desperate to get into and if someone doesn't accept me; I don't care. That isn't to say that there feelings and needs don't matter, but I am not going to spend all my energy trying to please the unpleaseable. I am not going to waste my time trying to be liked by someone who just chooses not to like me. That's their problem not mine. It is wonderful to no longer feel that great insecurity that used to weigh me down so much. Not only do I have better relationships with my friends and family, but I also feel more secure in my relationship with God. I don't have to fear that God will not accept me. He already has! He won't break his promises.
Up in the wee hours of the morning, is yet another perk of being bipolar. Yes, that's sarcasm because unlike some, I don't like being like this. I started getting a little more hyper than usual and now I can't sleep. I slept for an hour or two when hubby woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep after. So I wasn't worried about anything, but I was wide awake. Even though I now feel tired, I still don't feel sleepy. It is hard to explain. Well I already took some calm down medicine and that didn't work so I am getting ready to take more. I use it only when I have to, but considering I need to function in a few hours I WILL consider this one of those times. I was excited about started school and I guess maybe I am going through an up cycle. That sort of makes sense since I had a down cycle in the beginning of the summer. I am glad that the cycles are much shorter than they used to be. I remember being tired and having little energy or ambition to do anyt...
Comments
Post a Comment