Skip to main content

Ho Ho...Happy Mom's Day!

Okay, I just couldn't write what everyone else does. My creativity isn't at it's ultimate today so that will have to do. I started off this mother's day with one of those ridiculous reminders of all the grief I must have caused my own mother. Doomed to repeat my mistakes my children had barricaded their room with dirty clothes last night. I used to do the same thing I am sad to confess. We managed to fix that issue before bed last night. This morning, church day, we had several calamities. My youngest has a cold and we had to determine if he was fit to be in public or not. My oldest waited till this morning to figure out he only had one pair of clean paints which needed to be repaired. I almost had them fixed when I realized he wasn't wearing underwear. I had washed underwear, but he put them in his brothers drawer. I lost it a bit. Quite a bit in fact. Why he thought we would let him leave the house to go to church without underwear is beyond me, but this is life with boys. If it's not no clean underwear(they can locate...it's hiding somewhere); it's something else. Mud on pants we thought were clean or can't find shoes that match. Then their is no matching socks. Yes, I wash my children's clothes. I then separate them and give them to them to put away. That is where the calamities start I guess, but I think they should put away their own no matter how crazy it makes me. I am foolishly determined to teach these boys to care for themselves so they can launch out on their own eventually. I was reminding someone of that I Corinthians 10:13 verse today. Why is it easier to tell others than to listen ourselves? I was overwhelmed a bit yesterday thinking about these little things I can't change; I can't control. I know I have no control over anything anyway, but do I really except that? If God knows what's best, then doesn't he know that I am having trouble thinking clearly. He knows all about my personal struggle. And the thing that kept hitting me yesterday; The thing I kept praying was, "Please give me the strength to overcome or the strength to endure." I don't get to decide what God's will is. I have been so content lately that I think the devil just needed a hole to blow up. I may be weak and sinful, but God is certainly powerful enough to defeat the enemy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ansomnia

Up in the wee hours of the morning, is yet another perk of being bipolar. Yes, that's sarcasm because unlike some, I don't like being like this. I started getting a little more hyper than usual and now I can't sleep. I slept for an hour or two when hubby woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep after. So I wasn't worried about anything, but I was wide awake. Even though I now feel tired, I still don't feel sleepy. It is hard to explain. Well I already took some calm down medicine and that didn't work so I am getting ready to take more. I use it only when I have to, but considering I need to function in a few hours I WILL consider this one of those times. I was excited about started school and I guess maybe I am going through an up cycle. That sort of makes sense since I had a down cycle in the beginning of the summer. I am glad that the cycles are much shorter than they used to be. I remember being tired and having little energy or ambition to do anyt...

I Threw Out the Moon

  My son made a paper mâché replica of the moon when he was younger. Being the consistent pack rat that I am it was still here in our living room. I am trying to clean everything up and believe or not, throw out the stuff we don’t need. Do you find it hard to throw away stuff you don’t need, remove things you shouldn’t have, or give up things you need to? It is different for everyone, but we can probably all relate to that in some small way. If you’re wondering how I got here you’d have to go way back. Growing up I didn’t have a lot of friends. It was my toys and me. My imagination gave them personalities. Could it be that I don’t need that stuff anymore? Could it be that I have real live people who are right here and worth much more! It won’t be easy, but I am willing to do the work. I will trash the unwanted books if I have to. I don’t expect people to understand, but maybe hold back the judgment. Cause like I said before, everyone struggles with something. Maybe it’s giving...

An Issue of Blood Matthew 9:20

I have often felt like I know this woman having struggled off and on with my own issues. Very possible she had endometriosis which I do not. I am certainly thankful as that is such a difficult thing. Why do I love this story then? She was unseen. She had an issue no one could see. She couldn't talk about or get any relief. As my good old issue came back again and knocked me of my physical strength, I am reminded of this lady. I am not referring to my emotional struggles. This was good old fashioned physical nuisance. My devotional was about taking care of my body. All I can gleen from that is sleep and drink a bunch. This will pass. Not signifigant enough to say. Forgive me if I too feel the need to sneak up and touch Jesus garment anyway. Because I need to be refreshed. Do you ever just need someone to hit reset for you? Do you ever need to take a day to do nothing? I will be doing that tomorrow and just hope by the next day I have happy insides(:.