I have been wanting to change my blog title for some time. I hope this new title with help draw those who need the encouragement I did in the past. Most of the books and web sites I have found are full of frustrated people with little or no faith. They are often full of offensive language. It leaves you feeling very alone. You want to know that it is possible to trust God through mental illness treetment. I would think the same would go for a person battling depression. I believe God allows some of us to have emotional struggles. They may or may not require professional help. My goal is to encourage people to keep going. Get up today and see what God has for you. Make goals that give you purpose and joy.
Enough bossing, Here is my personal story. I still struggle with a battle against my inner yuk. All those uggly things buried deep in my mind pop out and threaten to stop anything useful I can do for God or anyone. I am working on seeing myself as God sees me. I started this journey in 2000 when my first child was born. I now wish to find a way to write an encouraging book for new mothers. I can spot an overwhelmed Mom now. There is a certain hollow look that comes into the eyes. Had I not experieced it myself that would probably be inappropriate for me to say. I did however experience it for myself. I know what NOT to say to a new mother. As for the bipolar, I am boarderline and stable. Mood satbolizers are the only thing that worked for me. I do not have a serious illness and I am thankful for that.
Up in the wee hours of the morning, is yet another perk of being bipolar. Yes, that's sarcasm because unlike some, I don't like being like this. I started getting a little more hyper than usual and now I can't sleep. I slept for an hour or two when hubby woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep after. So I wasn't worried about anything, but I was wide awake. Even though I now feel tired, I still don't feel sleepy. It is hard to explain. Well I already took some calm down medicine and that didn't work so I am getting ready to take more. I use it only when I have to, but considering I need to function in a few hours I WILL consider this one of those times. I was excited about started school and I guess maybe I am going through an up cycle. That sort of makes sense since I had a down cycle in the beginning of the summer. I am glad that the cycles are much shorter than they used to be. I remember being tired and having little energy or ambition to do anyt...
Comments
Post a Comment