Skip to main content

Long Lives the Clickedy Clack Clack

What discusts me today is adults acting like children. This is not necessarily that uncommon a practice. I hated school. Oh so many reasons not the least of them being the way I was treated by my peers. It was one thing to be ignored and isolated as a kid, but far different to deal with it as a grown up. It just irritates me. I don't want to be friends with people who act like that, but I have a hard time just ignoring it. I want to get in their face and fight for the girl I was. The girl who could not fight for herself. So there is the part of me that says, "you are an adult now; they are not worth it." Then the other part wants to get right in their face and tell them to, "Knock it off!" "You are no better than anyone else." Here's the thing though. They probably do not think that at all, nor are they doing this conscientiously. I just get so frustrated with it. For once it would be nice to be chosen. I know it is my lack of normal social skills and all that. That is why I enjoy working with the children in places. They are actually happy to see me. I know how pitiful that sounds but if I do not vent it here bad stuff will follow. I need to say it to take away the power of the words. Oh and I have heard some pretty ridiculous things out of the mouths of people who were never bullied. If it never happened to you then you don't get it. Not now; not ever. That just is. People calling you fat and ugly because they can and you know the only way to get them to stop is to just go along with it. Fighting it makes it fun for them. Now people say something nice and I just feel weird. I still cannot take complements. Now I can at least fake it and smile. That is all I have right now. Need time to recharge before I can be less worked up and more understanding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ansomnia

Up in the wee hours of the morning, is yet another perk of being bipolar. Yes, that's sarcasm because unlike some, I don't like being like this. I started getting a little more hyper than usual and now I can't sleep. I slept for an hour or two when hubby woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep after. So I wasn't worried about anything, but I was wide awake. Even though I now feel tired, I still don't feel sleepy. It is hard to explain. Well I already took some calm down medicine and that didn't work so I am getting ready to take more. I use it only when I have to, but considering I need to function in a few hours I WILL consider this one of those times. I was excited about started school and I guess maybe I am going through an up cycle. That sort of makes sense since I had a down cycle in the beginning of the summer. I am glad that the cycles are much shorter than they used to be. I remember being tired and having little energy or ambition to do anyt...

I Threw Out the Moon

  My son made a paper mâché replica of the moon when he was younger. Being the consistent pack rat that I am it was still here in our living room. I am trying to clean everything up and believe or not, throw out the stuff we don’t need. Do you find it hard to throw away stuff you don’t need, remove things you shouldn’t have, or give up things you need to? It is different for everyone, but we can probably all relate to that in some small way. If you’re wondering how I got here you’d have to go way back. Growing up I didn’t have a lot of friends. It was my toys and me. My imagination gave them personalities. Could it be that I don’t need that stuff anymore? Could it be that I have real live people who are right here and worth much more! It won’t be easy, but I am willing to do the work. I will trash the unwanted books if I have to. I don’t expect people to understand, but maybe hold back the judgment. Cause like I said before, everyone struggles with something. Maybe it’s giving...

An Issue of Blood Matthew 9:20

I have often felt like I know this woman having struggled off and on with my own issues. Very possible she had endometriosis which I do not. I am certainly thankful as that is such a difficult thing. Why do I love this story then? She was unseen. She had an issue no one could see. She couldn't talk about or get any relief. As my good old issue came back again and knocked me of my physical strength, I am reminded of this lady. I am not referring to my emotional struggles. This was good old fashioned physical nuisance. My devotional was about taking care of my body. All I can gleen from that is sleep and drink a bunch. This will pass. Not signifigant enough to say. Forgive me if I too feel the need to sneak up and touch Jesus garment anyway. Because I need to be refreshed. Do you ever just need someone to hit reset for you? Do you ever need to take a day to do nothing? I will be doing that tomorrow and just hope by the next day I have happy insides(:.