Skip to main content

Hold on tight till the morning comes.

I have been reading through Hebrews all summer off and on and came to this today, "Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering;(for he is faithful that promised;) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and good works:"  The word provoke suggest to irritate. I think that with the context means we persist to push each other to love and good works. We don't though do we. The culture we live in is very isolating. People mind their own business very well. It is still hard for me to show up places unannounced because I grew up in the house no one ever visited. I often felt we put on our church faces so we could all feel good and went back to our lives. I am not the kind of person to be in genuine however, I have learned that people don't want to hear that today is a rough day. They want you to smile and be "joyful," I say that with quotes because I don't think that is what joyful means.  You can be sad and still joyful in the love of Jesus.  Joy isn't an emotion like happiness or sadness. It doesn't end when the sun goes down.  Joy is a fruit of the spirit.  I don't claim to be some kind of Biblical expert. These are just some thoughts I had on the subject. As to the holding fast part, well, that is the best part. My faith isn't in what people around me do or say. My faith isn't in my circumstances. My faith isn't in my abilities or lack there of. My faith is in Jesus Christ who bought me with his blood once and for all.  People will disappoint me, discourage me, neglect me, mistreat me, even despise me, but the Lord Jesus choose me to be His very own. And yes, he wants that for everyone.  John 3:16

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ansomnia

Up in the wee hours of the morning, is yet another perk of being bipolar. Yes, that's sarcasm because unlike some, I don't like being like this. I started getting a little more hyper than usual and now I can't sleep. I slept for an hour or two when hubby woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep after. So I wasn't worried about anything, but I was wide awake. Even though I now feel tired, I still don't feel sleepy. It is hard to explain. Well I already took some calm down medicine and that didn't work so I am getting ready to take more. I use it only when I have to, but considering I need to function in a few hours I WILL consider this one of those times. I was excited about started school and I guess maybe I am going through an up cycle. That sort of makes sense since I had a down cycle in the beginning of the summer. I am glad that the cycles are much shorter than they used to be. I remember being tired and having little energy or ambition to do anyt...

I Threw Out the Moon

  My son made a paper mâché replica of the moon when he was younger. Being the consistent pack rat that I am it was still here in our living room. I am trying to clean everything up and believe or not, throw out the stuff we don’t need. Do you find it hard to throw away stuff you don’t need, remove things you shouldn’t have, or give up things you need to? It is different for everyone, but we can probably all relate to that in some small way. If you’re wondering how I got here you’d have to go way back. Growing up I didn’t have a lot of friends. It was my toys and me. My imagination gave them personalities. Could it be that I don’t need that stuff anymore? Could it be that I have real live people who are right here and worth much more! It won’t be easy, but I am willing to do the work. I will trash the unwanted books if I have to. I don’t expect people to understand, but maybe hold back the judgment. Cause like I said before, everyone struggles with something. Maybe it’s giving...

The Kid Perspective

As a kid I watched my parents fight about different things. I don't really have any other parents to compare them to so I can't really say whether they were normal fights couples have or not. I couldn't even say what most of them were about except the ones that were about me. We only ate as a family on holidays. My father came home late so we kids ate without him. I do remember spending time with him in the evening before I went to bed so it couldn't have been that late. My own husband gets home a little later because of his job commute so we eat late every night. But home schooling has given us the ability to be more flexible than my Mom was able to be. We had school early the next day. As I got older, I remember my Father being home less and less and the fights seemed to intensify. I remember one night when I was thirteen. I could hear them yelling through the wall. My mom found me crying and I told her I didn't want them to get a divorce. She told me...