My head hurts and my mind is racing. Dealing with stuff I cannot put out there, but isn’t that the case often times. I say what I can on here, but in order to protect my family’s privacy keep it guarded. Dealing with the elderly every week now, it breaks my heart to see how much abuse and neglect goes on. People raise their kids and as they finally are in their prime, start to find themselves having trouble with day to day needs they always did themselves. Maybe they cannot afford a fancy retirement apartment, but cannot climb their stairs anymore either. How will they afford a stair lift? They have a walker, but the house isn’t handicap assessible. They can’t raise their arms to wash their hair in the shower. Thinking about my parents while I’m taking care of other people’s. Will they tell my brothers and I when they need help? Most don’t want to be a bother. A person with memory trouble is aware while being unaware. They know they can’t remember. It makes them vulnerable. They didn’t get dumb. Compassion, love, and respect, WOW... don’t we all need that. Why should growing old change that? If you have an aging parent, give them a call once in awhile. Check in. Make sure they are okay. If you have elderly friends whose family is far away, offer to check in. Let them have dinner with you sometime. They love animals and kids. Bring in the joy and maybe some will rub off.
Up in the wee hours of the morning, is yet another perk of being bipolar. Yes, that's sarcasm because unlike some, I don't like being like this. I started getting a little more hyper than usual and now I can't sleep. I slept for an hour or two when hubby woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep after. So I wasn't worried about anything, but I was wide awake. Even though I now feel tired, I still don't feel sleepy. It is hard to explain. Well I already took some calm down medicine and that didn't work so I am getting ready to take more. I use it only when I have to, but considering I need to function in a few hours I WILL consider this one of those times. I was excited about started school and I guess maybe I am going through an up cycle. That sort of makes sense since I had a down cycle in the beginning of the summer. I am glad that the cycles are much shorter than they used to be. I remember being tired and having little energy or ambition to do anyt...
Comments
Post a Comment