Skip to main content

Hear the Silver Bells

I am the last person on earth who should ever say this, but I think Moms today are too sensitive. They are too sensitive to hear elders wisdom.  I see a sea of out of control children on a regular basis, but we are allowed to say anything. If you are a young mother reading this, my words are as follows. Mothering is hard. You need all the help you can get. Don’t be too proud to ask for it. There were a couple Moms and Dads I would always go to for advice. They helped me raise my children. I am so grateful for them. I wouldn’t have it any other way. Frankly, technology isn’t evil it is just tools we have. Wickedness finds a way in sneaking in to our lives in al sorts of ways. Better to forge ahead with your eyes open then try to walk around with a blindfold on. I don’t think parenting now is harder necessary just different areas of challenges to face. We don’t need a war against millianials either. I would like to return to the times when you say around and listened to Grandpa’s stories. I love my younger Mom friends, but I don’t tell them anything unless they ask. I am hardly the expert on anything. Raising children like marrriage is just plain hard work. That’s my rant for today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ansomnia

Up in the wee hours of the morning, is yet another perk of being bipolar. Yes, that's sarcasm because unlike some, I don't like being like this. I started getting a little more hyper than usual and now I can't sleep. I slept for an hour or two when hubby woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep after. So I wasn't worried about anything, but I was wide awake. Even though I now feel tired, I still don't feel sleepy. It is hard to explain. Well I already took some calm down medicine and that didn't work so I am getting ready to take more. I use it only when I have to, but considering I need to function in a few hours I WILL consider this one of those times. I was excited about started school and I guess maybe I am going through an up cycle. That sort of makes sense since I had a down cycle in the beginning of the summer. I am glad that the cycles are much shorter than they used to be. I remember being tired and having little energy or ambition to do anyt...

I Threw Out the Moon

  My son made a paper mâché replica of the moon when he was younger. Being the consistent pack rat that I am it was still here in our living room. I am trying to clean everything up and believe or not, throw out the stuff we don’t need. Do you find it hard to throw away stuff you don’t need, remove things you shouldn’t have, or give up things you need to? It is different for everyone, but we can probably all relate to that in some small way. If you’re wondering how I got here you’d have to go way back. Growing up I didn’t have a lot of friends. It was my toys and me. My imagination gave them personalities. Could it be that I don’t need that stuff anymore? Could it be that I have real live people who are right here and worth much more! It won’t be easy, but I am willing to do the work. I will trash the unwanted books if I have to. I don’t expect people to understand, but maybe hold back the judgment. Cause like I said before, everyone struggles with something. Maybe it’s giving...

The Kid Perspective

As a kid I watched my parents fight about different things. I don't really have any other parents to compare them to so I can't really say whether they were normal fights couples have or not. I couldn't even say what most of them were about except the ones that were about me. We only ate as a family on holidays. My father came home late so we kids ate without him. I do remember spending time with him in the evening before I went to bed so it couldn't have been that late. My own husband gets home a little later because of his job commute so we eat late every night. But home schooling has given us the ability to be more flexible than my Mom was able to be. We had school early the next day. As I got older, I remember my Father being home less and less and the fights seemed to intensify. I remember one night when I was thirteen. I could hear them yelling through the wall. My mom found me crying and I told her I didn't want them to get a divorce. She told me...