I am full fledge into the Januaries as I am determined to call it. Not depressed exactly, but tired, weighted down, and a bit discouraged. That is why I have to find the tiniest moments of shiny jewels. That hug from a sweet child, a bright smile from a friend, a good old belly laugh over something ridiculous, or a little encouragement for someone else. Those are my jewels this week. My faith has been shaken up a lot lately. God is still there. He isn’t going anywhere, but I definitely have struggled a lot. You see I was very sure for most of my life that I was completely worthless. Yes, I do understand we all are without God’s redemption. But post redemption I was still worthless. It was as if God’s forgiveness was conditional. I had finally taken real steps to start believing that God made me His wonderful creation for His glory and then I started to feel picked apart all over again. It was so discouraging that I didn’t want to go to church. Didn’t want to feel useless all over again. To say all this is hard, but true. I will likely battle this over and over again my entire life. Maybe excepting that reality will make it easier. I can’t imagine heaven. As active as my imagination is, heaven is beyond my understanding. If I picture the most beautiful places I have ever seen it must be more than that. Like when the sun is so bright you can feel it bounce off your eyelids. I see the value in other people. I need to see the value in myself. It sounds prideful to you maybe, but I don’t mean it to be. I can’t do anything worthwhile for God if I am stuck in a hole. Paul knew we needed to build each other up and bear each other’s burdens. I am thankful for the people who do that for me, but I need to believe God. That’s what I need help with. That His Love is mine. That He won’t throw me away. I am tired of hurting. But I am a lot happier most of the time. These are just the things of the right now I can’t say out loud.
Up in the wee hours of the morning, is yet another perk of being bipolar. Yes, that's sarcasm because unlike some, I don't like being like this. I started getting a little more hyper than usual and now I can't sleep. I slept for an hour or two when hubby woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep after. So I wasn't worried about anything, but I was wide awake. Even though I now feel tired, I still don't feel sleepy. It is hard to explain. Well I already took some calm down medicine and that didn't work so I am getting ready to take more. I use it only when I have to, but considering I need to function in a few hours I WILL consider this one of those times. I was excited about started school and I guess maybe I am going through an up cycle. That sort of makes sense since I had a down cycle in the beginning of the summer. I am glad that the cycles are much shorter than they used to be. I remember being tired and having little energy or ambition to do anyt...
Comments
Post a Comment