Skip to main content

When Can We Stop Pretending?

 I can’t tell you how many times I have looked into someone’s eyes after they said, “Fine,” and knew that just wasn’t true. If we the church are supposed to bring our burdens to Lord together, why are we having to hide our troubles. Why are some problems considered insignificant or simply not appropriate. When I am laying on the bathroom floor trying to stay conscious is that really too indelicate for my God to handle. I think part of the reason why I have trouble asking him for help is because I spent so much of my life hiding pain. Making other people happy was the focus and truly that fuels the people pleaser to a point. But this isn’t just me. As I said, other people do it too: all the time! Sometimes because they don’t want to complain, and sometimes cause they just don’t won’t anyone to know. Okay, I get it. It’s private and so painful you just can’t share it, but it’s likely that like me you haven’t been able to ask God either. Like we’re keeping that problem all to ourselves. I am starting to think until I believe God wants to hear my prayers and all my needs, I won’t have growing faith. Like it has me stuck. I see God the Father as so amazingly powerful that the idea of asking for my tiny thing seems weird. Yet He wants me to. I am going to keep working on changing my thinking Rom 12:2. Hopefully it helps. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ansomnia

Up in the wee hours of the morning, is yet another perk of being bipolar. Yes, that's sarcasm because unlike some, I don't like being like this. I started getting a little more hyper than usual and now I can't sleep. I slept for an hour or two when hubby woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep after. So I wasn't worried about anything, but I was wide awake. Even though I now feel tired, I still don't feel sleepy. It is hard to explain. Well I already took some calm down medicine and that didn't work so I am getting ready to take more. I use it only when I have to, but considering I need to function in a few hours I WILL consider this one of those times. I was excited about started school and I guess maybe I am going through an up cycle. That sort of makes sense since I had a down cycle in the beginning of the summer. I am glad that the cycles are much shorter than they used to be. I remember being tired and having little energy or ambition to do anyt...

I Threw Out the Moon

  My son made a paper mâché replica of the moon when he was younger. Being the consistent pack rat that I am it was still here in our living room. I am trying to clean everything up and believe or not, throw out the stuff we don’t need. Do you find it hard to throw away stuff you don’t need, remove things you shouldn’t have, or give up things you need to? It is different for everyone, but we can probably all relate to that in some small way. If you’re wondering how I got here you’d have to go way back. Growing up I didn’t have a lot of friends. It was my toys and me. My imagination gave them personalities. Could it be that I don’t need that stuff anymore? Could it be that I have real live people who are right here and worth much more! It won’t be easy, but I am willing to do the work. I will trash the unwanted books if I have to. I don’t expect people to understand, but maybe hold back the judgment. Cause like I said before, everyone struggles with something. Maybe it’s giving...

An Issue of Blood Matthew 9:20

I have often felt like I know this woman having struggled off and on with my own issues. Very possible she had endometriosis which I do not. I am certainly thankful as that is such a difficult thing. Why do I love this story then? She was unseen. She had an issue no one could see. She couldn't talk about or get any relief. As my good old issue came back again and knocked me of my physical strength, I am reminded of this lady. I am not referring to my emotional struggles. This was good old fashioned physical nuisance. My devotional was about taking care of my body. All I can gleen from that is sleep and drink a bunch. This will pass. Not signifigant enough to say. Forgive me if I too feel the need to sneak up and touch Jesus garment anyway. Because I need to be refreshed. Do you ever just need someone to hit reset for you? Do you ever need to take a day to do nothing? I will be doing that tomorrow and just hope by the next day I have happy insides(:.