Isaiah 26:3 , “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.” I was driving along and praying as I do. My mind was spinning with concerns and this verse just popped into my memory. God’s answer so quick to arrive saying to focus on him and not everything else. I recognize it’s like Paul said about taking up his cross daily. We have to start over again every single day. I was of course fretting again this morning, and I remembered this from the other day. I can’t change anybody else. All I can do is keep trusting my God to change me. And understanding that I am enough because He choose me. People might have expectations we can’t fulfill, but God just says, “Come.” Come unto me. I titled this rest in the midst of the storm because we all know there’s a storm going on out there. Our rest in God is present even while the storm goes on. Whether you’re thinking of the world storm of war or something far more personal like emotional turmoil or physical pain, God’s rest can still be your hiding place.
Up in the wee hours of the morning, is yet another perk of being bipolar. Yes, that's sarcasm because unlike some, I don't like being like this. I started getting a little more hyper than usual and now I can't sleep. I slept for an hour or two when hubby woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep after. So I wasn't worried about anything, but I was wide awake. Even though I now feel tired, I still don't feel sleepy. It is hard to explain. Well I already took some calm down medicine and that didn't work so I am getting ready to take more. I use it only when I have to, but considering I need to function in a few hours I WILL consider this one of those times. I was excited about started school and I guess maybe I am going through an up cycle. That sort of makes sense since I had a down cycle in the beginning of the summer. I am glad that the cycles are much shorter than they used to be. I remember being tired and having little energy or ambition to do anyt...
Comments
Post a Comment