Skip to main content

Thicker Skin?

 I have come to believe that I don’t have thick skin for a reason. I am a Caregiver at heart. I am thankful though that I finally have a few people in my life that are willing to love me through my imperfections. There are some people who maybe haven’t forgiven me because they are still holding onto their own past. I don’t want to do that anymore. That means I have to forgive myself too. So for that person who still can’t forgive me, I am sorry I hurt you. Period. I didn’t know then what I was doing wrong, but I do now. You can get in line with the other people who won’t forgive me. That one over there, hurt me by cutting me out of her life. I didn’t react well. And now we are cut out of each other’s lives. That other one didn’t understand me, and also cut me out. I didn’t actually do anything to her other than be my big present self. Again, learning from it. That one over there… I judged her believing I knew better. You see why I call it a graveyard and it really stings sometimes. I truly wonder how God will do anything with me. I felt the cold annoyance yesterday as I was forced to face one of my people (on this list) and it broke me. Not because of that one silly interaction, but because of all of it. Didn’t Jesus take all my sin already? He forgave me everything. I can’t keep punishing myself if I am going to keep living in today. I believe God has used every mistake to help me change for the better. Maybe I have to be the change in her life. It’s possible if she lets it. But also NOT the point. I can’t change anyone. Just trying to figure out if I am strong enough to walk back in there and be judged all over again. Sometimes hiding is way easier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shutting off the Pleasing

 I am trying to stop the people pleasing. Doing for others is wonderful when it’s healthy, but I now recognize there’s a line I shouldn’t cross. Problem is that I don’t always see the line. I asked for something today and yes, I felt guilty. Then I felt guilty for feeling guilty. Ug! This weekend I saw my limit come and go so I did walk away from some responsibilities I was unable to do. It felt good to be strong enough to do that and two days later I am a wimp again. Regardless, it’s on me to be honest not on my friends and family to guess. So trying and sometimes failing. I am thankful that God is still working. I realized that although it’s small, I have changed. All that to say, don’t give up on people too quickly. 

Confessions

I am starting my own blog to reduce my boredom and give me a place to put my thoughts. Recently some people I know put some very difficult words out for all the world to see. I have been chicken to do the same and now I want to set the record straight. I didn't talk to people from high school for over ten years. It seems so silly now. I found out recently that I'm not the only one who grew up in college and beyond. We aren't kids anymore so the past is just that the past. I'll admit some of it I don't want to remember, but we did have some fun times in high school. The truth is something happened to me that I was not at all ready to talk about so I just avoided people. I got married in 1998 to a really great guy I met in college. We were giddy and in love. We decided after nine months of bliss to have a baby. Why not? I was bored and we wanted one. That sounds terrible to say that, but it is true. Boom one month later I was expecting. Three months later Jo

Fading Away

 Sometimes when I don’t feel well, I find myself fading away. Of course after spending a half an hour trying to update this blog I might be well over it.🤣. We all hate being sick, but I am genially hesitant to complain about it because I know so many people who suffer from chronic illness. They wake up every day still in pain or still uncertain of their surroundings. But I am learning that I don’t have to stop taking care of myself to care for others. That only gets me unhealthy too. So while I am not going to keep feeling sorry for myself that I have to be a lump for a week, I am not going to stop taking care of myself. Part of that is being able to talk about it. I am an extremely verbal person. So if I don’t get it out it festers into a mess of yucky thoughts. My verse today was I Peter 5:10. I will let those of you who follow look it up yourself as I still can’t figure out how to insert images.