Skip to main content

Sick Disagreement

 Have you ever had one of those days when you’re dragging emotionally and physically like a little dog dragging his tail. Sometimes we loose our wag. The weight of our current situation can make our steps heavy. I know all about the spiritual aspects applied to grief and what the Bible calls infirmaries. I realize we’re supposed to cast our cares on Jesus and I realize we can bring all our needs to him whether their physical or otherwise. But that’s the thing that has me stumped. Why can’t we bring them then? Why are there people who think if you say something out loud, that somehow, that word of whatever sickness will somehow be so powerful that you will then not be healed by Almighty God. I’m sorry, but I can’t agree with that; if God’s powerful enough to heal anyone at any time, then our mentioning what we think it is won’t stop that from happening. Telling someone that it’s all in their mind just rubbed me the wrong way. Number one, I know what it’s like to have your mind be truly sick and that’s no laughing matter. Number two, what if there really is something physically wrong with this person? Are you helping them by telling them it’s all in their mind? I for one see that we’re complex creatures made in the image of God and because of that often there’s more than one thing going on at the same time.  A person could have a physical problem, and their mind could be affected by that physical problem. Unfortunately, people may only see the affected mind and not know about that physical problem. That’s causing all of the trouble in the first place. That’s why we need God to lead us in the right direction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ansomnia

Up in the wee hours of the morning, is yet another perk of being bipolar. Yes, that's sarcasm because unlike some, I don't like being like this. I started getting a little more hyper than usual and now I can't sleep. I slept for an hour or two when hubby woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep after. So I wasn't worried about anything, but I was wide awake. Even though I now feel tired, I still don't feel sleepy. It is hard to explain. Well I already took some calm down medicine and that didn't work so I am getting ready to take more. I use it only when I have to, but considering I need to function in a few hours I WILL consider this one of those times. I was excited about started school and I guess maybe I am going through an up cycle. That sort of makes sense since I had a down cycle in the beginning of the summer. I am glad that the cycles are much shorter than they used to be. I remember being tired and having little energy or ambition to do anyt...

Confessions

I am starting my own blog to reduce my boredom and give me a place to put my thoughts. Recently some people I know put some very difficult words out for all the world to see. I have been chicken to do the same and now I want to set the record straight. I didn't talk to people from high school for over ten years. It seems so silly now. I found out recently that I'm not the only one who grew up in college and beyond. We aren't kids anymore so the past is just that the past. I'll admit some of it I don't want to remember, but we did have some fun times in high school. The truth is something happened to me that I was not at all ready to talk about so I just avoided people. I got married in 1998 to a really great guy I met in college. We were giddy and in love. We decided after nine months of bliss to have a baby. Why not? I was bored and we wanted one. That sounds terrible to say that, but it is true. Boom one month later I was expecting. Three months later Jo...

The Kid Perspective

As a kid I watched my parents fight about different things. I don't really have any other parents to compare them to so I can't really say whether they were normal fights couples have or not. I couldn't even say what most of them were about except the ones that were about me. We only ate as a family on holidays. My father came home late so we kids ate without him. I do remember spending time with him in the evening before I went to bed so it couldn't have been that late. My own husband gets home a little later because of his job commute so we eat late every night. But home schooling has given us the ability to be more flexible than my Mom was able to be. We had school early the next day. As I got older, I remember my Father being home less and less and the fights seemed to intensify. I remember one night when I was thirteen. I could hear them yelling through the wall. My mom found me crying and I told her I didn't want them to get a divorce. She told me...